Arizona is a warm place but its winters can be beautiful as well. It is the perfect place to stay if you are one of those people searching for a place with milder winter and hot summers. All these changes in temperature pose challenge to residential as well as commercial house and building owners. Which type of roofing can withstand the challenge of various temperature shifts in Arizona?
You need to be smart and start researching on the types of roofing materials that are best for a house in Arizona. Below are among these roofing materials and their brief description:
- Foam roofing insulation provides various benefits. It is made up of polyurethane foam and installers apply it in liquid form. It is best to apply it during sunny weather as it easily dries up and when it does, the single sheath covers the whole roof of the house. The biggest benefit of a foam roofing is that you cannot see any seam which means no rain water can get into the house and damage the attic and walls.
Foam roofing material is very durable and lightweight. Also, its insulation makes the home a cooler place amidst the warm sunny weather in Arizona.
- Shingle roofing is popular because they last longer than most kinds of roofing. Contractors and architects recommend shingle roofing because of its various designs and patterns that help make the roof of your house appealing. There is no other type of roofing that has more choices than the shingle roofs.
This type of roofing is best for steep-slope systems and it is good for the houses in Arizona. Shingles are durable enough to withstand all weather conditions and doesn’t need much effort and time to maintain.
- Tile roofing has also been used by many house owners in Arizona because of its high-quality timeless appearance that homeowners and architects like. It is affordable yet extremely durable. This type of roof also comes in various types so if you are thinking of getting a tile roofing for your house, take note of these tile roofing types:
- Clay roof tiles are sturdy and strong.
- Metal roofing is also durable but it is heavy.
- Spanish Style roof tiles give the ancient Rome appearance of your house.
- Asphalt roof tiles are popular because it is long lasting, inexpensive, and waterproof.