Today, environmental awareness has a huge impact on the preferences of consumers. As a result, most people even look for durable and affordable environmentally friendly roofing materials. Fortunately, there are several eco-friendly materials available in the market to choose from.
Homeowners can pick the best eco-friendly roofing material depending on a number of factors such as the cost, type of material, personal preference and design that matches their property.
The following are some of the best environmentally friendly roofing materials to choose from.
1. Metal Roof – This type of roof is well-known for its longevity. Its lifespan expands up to 50 years. It also reflects much of the sun’s heat allowing for a balanced temperature for the property and relatively low energy bills.
2. Clay Roof – Clay roofs are 100% recyclable. Moreover, clay can effectively reflect heat and is known for its durability. Did you know that clay is a good insulating material as well? Homeowners benefit from lower energy bills because of utilizing this type of roof.
3. Shingles from Recycled Materials – This might be the ‘greenest’ option there is. It’s made of purely recycled content including plastic, rubber and wood fiber. It also has a long life span and extremely durable. Surprisingly, its appearance is so good that you’ll
think twice if it’s really made from recycled materials.
4. Cedar Shingles – Wooden roofs can be an excellent choice for homeowners wanting to explore environmentally friendly roofing. The best part of it is that there are no chemicals involved in the production of this type of roof.
You can also be sure that manufacturers only get the wood under sustained yield forest policy.
5. Solar roof – Although the installation of solar panels on the roof can be complex and expensive, it can definitely complement your home’s architectural design and at the same time turn sunlight into electricity.